It is in the best interest of every student that their parents take the time to
support their education.
Pieces of advice:
- Provide quiet time and a place to read and study for your children each day.
- Make sure you provide your child with healthy food, and avoid junk one.
- Help your child get enough hours of sleep every night.
- Encourage your child to do his/her homework dependently, and, step by step, independently.
Parents are encouraged to:
- Attend parent-teacher conferences as requested.
- Reinforce writing and reading skills by encouraging your children to correspond with family members or friends.
- Inform the school nurse/ certified person of any significant change in a child's health.
- Contact the administration if there are any family circumstances which may impact the student's performance or behavior at school.
- Inform the school of a change of address, telephone number, or emergency contact information.
- Inform the school when parents plan to be away from home and designate who is responsible for their child or children in case of an emergency.
- Send a fax to the school, telephone before 9 a.m., or send a note if your child will be absent or late.
- Arrange vacations so that students need not miss school.
- Supervise your child's departure from home, so he/she doesn't arrive at school dressed inappropriately.
- There will be parent class visits during the academic year which are shown on the academic calendar, so try not to miss them.
Please make sure to pick your child on time.